Reading well is the key to success in any exam. Even in general if you are a good reader, it helps! 📚
As an aspirant, I used to give a lot of time to developing little ways to enhance my learning techniques.
Hopefully, these will help you to become a better learned as well!
These are the things that you can try to follow and improve your reading and learning style:
- First, you should read and understand the Table of Contents broadly. This helps you to know what’s to come and what’s the overall story
- Second, look and compare the table of contents with the syllabus and topics given for your exam. This helps you highlight main topics, associate and remember through mental mapping
- Google the chapter heading and quickly skim through the main highlights on search results. Look at the Google images to get a rough Visual idea — creates visual references in mind and makes recalling easier
- Read the headings and sub-headings of the chapter. This helps you understand what dimensions you need to know about the topic.
- Read the exercises given at the back of the chapter before reading the chapter. It will help you to know the important topics of the chapter.
- Look at the chapter maps, images, tables etc. given. This will help you to further create mental maps and images and remember the important ones
- Now, go ahead and read the chapter!
- Finally, when you do Previous Year Questions practice, try to remember which chapter the question might be from. This enhances your memory and recalling and connects the dots!